Research Triangle Region COVID-19 Response
The COVID-19 crisis has had a direct impact on our daily lives and jobs. If you or someone you know is looking for a job or an employment resource, Work in the Triangle is a good place to start. Below you’ll find resources to help you find a job, navigate unemployment, and news regarding employment in the Research Triangle region.
We’re here to help! Connect with us on Twitter by tagging us or sending a DM to @WorkTriangleNC or find us on LinkedIn.
You can also read our new blog series focusing on employment and talent resources during COVID-19 on our Raleigh Wake website. This series will feature insight from industry partners on navigating our new virtual market.
Individuals can file for unemployment benefits through the NC Division of Employment Security.
The fastest and most efficient way to is online, see here.
NCWorks Career Centers remains dedicated to providing employment services to Wake County residents. Even though social distancing is being practiced preventing the spread of the COVID-19, individuals experiencing job loss, unemployment, or those looking for education and training resources can do so without visiting a career center in person.
Through AccessNCWorks.com, individuals can:
- Chat with a team member online or by phone at 919.715.0111
- Find job seeker services
- See what job programs you may qualify for
- Find step-by-step instructions for using NCWorks Online
Returning to Work Resources
To ensure we are ready to navigate what’s next, it’s vital that we reactivate our spaces to balance health, safety, and financial implications. And that we continue to respect each other’s well-being. Preparedness, agility, and resilience will be key.
JLL has provided a guidebook with information on how to re-enter the workforce post-COVID-19. To download their guidebook, visit their website here.
Work in the Triangle
Work In The Triangle hosts a weekly virtual career fair on Twitter @WorkTriangleNC. The purpose is to be another resource in your hiring efforts. Our career fair receives an average of 500,000 impressions weekly and we have over 10,000 followers on Twitter. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we will be posting jobs 24/7 to help share open positions across all industries. Search @WorkTriangleNC or #TriangleTuesdays
Below are several well-known staffing firms in the Research Triangle region. Each firm can help offer assistance in employment or job searching resources.
The Nautical Group
Frankel Staffing Partners
Looking for a job? Looking to hire? Work In The Triangle serves Employers and Employees. Promote your open jobs and apply for positions in the Research Triangle region today.
Essential Businesses Hiring During COVID-19
Below you’ll find local and national businesses hiring to help fill critical positions during COVID-19.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc.
Bank of America
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Kentucky Fried Chicken
O’Reilly Auto Parts
UNC REX Healthcare
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Whole Foods Market
Local Support Resources
- Wake County Public School System: All schools closed for the remainder of the school year
- Raleigh Chamber COVID-19 Response
- Wake County Economic Development COVID-19 Response
- Wake County COVID-19 Response
- City of Raleigh COVID-19 Response
- Raleigh Small Business COVID-19 Relief Funds
- Chatham County COVID-19 Response
- Chapel Hill Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Response
- Durham County COVID-19 Response
- Durham Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Response
- Cary Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Response
- Wake Technical Community College: Displaced Worker Transition Orientation
- UNC Healthcare: FREE Nurse Refresher Program
- Research Triangle Regional Partnership: COVID-19 Resources
- Consult Your Community and 180 Degrees Consulting are student organizations at UNC-Chapel Hill that offer pro bono consulting services to businesses in the Triangle. Fill out the form here if you or your company can use students for work.
- Manpower: free certification programs for displaced workers
- NC Tech Association: Virtual Tech Job Fair on May 20
- Momentum: jobs & resources to help moms re-enter the workforce
- Spectrum is hosting a jobs fair on April 22 as it seeks to fill open spots at its Triangle operations
- Fidelity Investments is hiring 100 people for a variety of positions at its Triangle campus
- Red Hat lists 200 current openings while its corporate parent IBM has 60 jobs available around the Triangle
- Cisco has 150 open positions at its large Triangle campus
- SAS lists more than 20 jobs at its Cary headquarters
- IQVIA has more than 160 jobs available
- Cree is looking to fill 26 spots
- Bandwidth is looking to fill several positions as it prepares to build a new headquarters which will mean more than 1,000 jobs
- Pendo has 30 jobs available
- Wells Fargo has 76 open jobs in the Triangle. Bank of America lists 14
- Amazon, which operates a huge warehouse in Garner and another center in Durham, is also adding jobs as it looks to fill 75,000 newly created posts across the country
- POWERHOME announced an expansion to Raleigh that will create 100 new jobs
General Job and Employment Resources
- NC Small Business and Technology Development Center
- NC Technology Association: NC TECH Members Offer Assistance During COVID-19
- NC Rapid Recovery Loans Golden LEAF Foundation: apply here
- North Carolina Business Military Center: COVID-19 Resources
- NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund
- Forbes: Federal, State and Local Coronavirus Small Business Assistance
The State of North Carolina lists more than 1,000 open jobs
Colleges and Universities
- Duke University
- North Carolina State University,
- The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Barton College
- Campbell University
- Durham Technical Community College
- Meredith College
- North Carolina Central University
- St. Augustine’s College
- Shaw University
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and The College at Southeastern
- William Peace University
- Wake Technical Community College- Southern Wake Campus
- EDA University Center at Fayetteville State University: Small Business & COVID-19 Recovery Training
- Wake County Public Libraries: Libraries Host Online Writing Contest For Kids
- NC Biotech Center: BioMedomics Seeks FDA OK for COVID-19 Rapid Diagnostic and see here
- NC Biotech Center: Medicago Vaccine Could Help Smoke Out Coronavirus
- WRAL Techwire: Amazon looks to hire another 75,000 – some jobs already being posted in NC
- Elevation Outdoors Magazine: Murphys Naturals Pivots in Pandemic
- WRAL Techwire: Looking for work? Fidelity Investments looking to hire 2,000 – including 100 in Triangle
- NC State College of Science News: NC State Uses 3D Printers to Make Face Shields for WakeMed
- WRAL Techwire: Where to apply for virus crisis loans in NC? Here’s a list
- Forbes: Thousands Of New Jobs Are Being Created In Response To The Coronavirus
- WRAL: NC State graduates design website for people to pledge stimulus checks
- WRAL: Raleigh spa offers free service for social distancing pledge