Austin or bust! Hey #SmartyPants! Do you love #Raleigh? Want to win a FREE trip to Austin? Then Listen Up!
Yep. You read that right. Work in the Triangle, in partnership with Raleigh Economic Development, is heading to the largest entrepreneurial, tech, music and film festival in Austin, in March 2014, to promote Raleigh and the Triangle; and we're taking one lucky local with us! We’re looking for a totally awesome, outgoing, Raleigh smarty pants to be our Work in the Triangle Raleigh Ambassador. The winner gets a guaranteed spot in the Raleigh RV to travel to Austin with other #SmartyPants to spread the word about why Raleigh is great. We're talking cool people, free beer, rocking bands, tech innovation, the Raleigh RV, start ups and the total package. What more could you ask for?
Think you have what it takes? Prove it. Here's how you enter:
- Shoot a short video (2 minutes or less) of yourself explaining why you should be our Raleigh Ambassador
- Complete the official entry form and include a link to your video
- Since your social influence counts, spread the word to your social networks that you entered the competition. Use the hash tag #RaleighAmbassador.
The deadline for entries is September 27, 2013. The winner will be chosen October 11, 2013.
Video Submission Guidelines:
- Participants must upload a publicly viewable video on YouTube using the hashtag #RaleighAmbassador
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 27, 2013, no exceptions.
- Videos must not include profanity, nudity, drug use and any other inappropriate behavior.
- Videos should be no more than 3 minutes long
- All applicants must be least 21 years old to enter the contest
- Entrants who reside outside of the Triangle are ineligible for this contest. For purposes of this contest, the Triangle is defined as the following cities Apex, Cary, Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Durham, Fuquay Varina, Garner, Hillsborough, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Rollesville, Wake Forrest, Wendell, Zebulon.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of Raleigh community business leaders.
- The winner will named the official Raleigh Ambassador on October 11th, 2013!
Creativity and originality: Think outside the box. If you were to represent Raleigh to the entire country, with the goal of showing people why they should choose to work, live and play in Raleigh over any other city, what would you show them? What options exist here that make Raleigh stand out above the rest? What makes Raleigh a great city for tech talent and entrepreneurs?
Engagement: Entrants will be judged partly on their engagement with others. The Work in the Triangle Raleigh ambassador will need to be an active and social participant in the Triangle community.
Location: Entrants who live outside of the Triangle will not be eligible for the contest.
Passion: The Work in the Triangle Raleigh Ambassador is likely already promoting Raleigh and sharing their love of our great city with others. Participants must be passionate about our city, and this must be present in their entries.
- Judging will be determined by a panel of local community and business leaders.
- A spot on the Raleigh RV with some of Raleigh's top community leaders and entrepreneurs to Austin, TX Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 16.
- During that trip, the ambassador will post social media updates along with the way to build up excitement about the event as well as meet with local officials and spread the word about what makes Raleigh special during stops along the way to Austin.
- Upon arriving in Austin, the Raleigh Ambassador will represent Raleigh in person and on social media throughout the entire event, showing everyone at home how much fun they are having, and showing the rest of the world why Raleigh is the best city to live, work and play.
- Be highlighted as a featured #SmartyPants ambassador on our website
- All participants will receive an Official Smarty Pants Ambassador prize pack, which includes: your own #SmartyPants Glasses and t-shirt, and a profile on our web site.
- Entries awarded honorable mention by the judging panel may be eligible for runner up prizes.
Sound good? Well grab a camera and get started! We'll be waiting to hear from you! Don't forget your Smart Glasses :)